No products in the cart.
What personal data do we collect?
This policy gives you information about the way that we use your “personal data”. Personal data is any information that could be used to identify you in some way. The personal data that we collect from or about you may include the following:
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- any location or category preferences you have subscribed to in relation to the products and services we offer;
- location information from the device that you use to visit the site;
financial, credit and debit card information when you make a purchase or call our customer service line;
- information about the products and services you purchase from us;
- information about your visit to our websites, including information about how and when you came to visit our websites, how you interacted with the websites (products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and where you went next (including full URLs and methods used to browse away from the site);
- technical information about the way that you use web or mobile services, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information if you register on our website or via our app, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device information;
- information collected from our websites and elsewhere across the internet through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, device identifiers and other technologies including information about your shopping habits and preferences; and
demographic information and other information provided by you.
Similarly, we do not intend to collect (and we ask you not to disclose) any particularly sensitive data such as data relating to your health, religion or ethnic background.
How do we collect personal data?
We (and other organisations that we work with, such as our suppliers and service providers) may collect personal data in a variety of ways including:
- Directly from you:
Information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as other information, such as your website registration details and preferred means of communication, may be collected when you voluntarily provide this information to us (for example when you register on the site as a customer or make an enquiry, purchase any of our products or services, participate in our message boards, blogs or any other user generated content facilities, or send emails to us);
- From other sources:
- We work closely with third parties providing services to us (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors providing technical, payment and delivery services related to the goods or services we provide to you, advertising networks, social networking platforms, analytics providers, search information providers) and we may also receive information about you from them;
- We may combine information that we collect about you from other sources with the information that you give to us directly. We may use this combined information as described in this policy;
- Through your browser or device or through our servers:
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, and we also collect your IP address or other device identifier (this enables us to recognise your computer or device when you use the site) via our server log files.
How do we use personal data?
For purposes related to the provision of the products and services that we offer to you:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website or within our apps, take payment online (where applicable) and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments;
- to measure customer satisfaction and provide customer service (including liaising with merchants to troubleshoot in connection with your purchases or your requests for services);
For advertising and marketing purposes, including to measure how effective our marketing is:
- to contact you with daily or weekly emails to let you know about products and services we offer (and that the merchants who advertise on our sites offer) that we think you might be interested in based on your subscribed location and other preferences on your account, we may also combine this with information we collect from other sources to ensure we are only telling you about products and services which would interest you;
- to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and our advertising (i.e. so that we can tell what interests our customers and what doesn’t);
For administrative and internal business purposes:
- to ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and for your device and to tailor the site’s experience and content based on the way that you use the site;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- for our internal business purposes, such as analysing and managing our businesses, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. For these purposes, your personal data will be aggregated and looked at on a statistical basis;
Security and retention of your personal data
- Security of your personal data:
We take the security of your data very seriously and have put physical, technical and administrative strategies, controls and measures in place to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use of disclosure as required by law and in accordance with accepted good industry practice.
To help us keep your data safe please choose a strong, secure password and keep your password confidential and avoid sharing it with anyone.
- Retention of your personal data:
What are cookies?
In addition to personal information you provide, we may also collect information about you automatically when you visit the Site or access content in our electronic communications with you.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. If you choose not to receive our cookies, you may not be able to use some of the core features of the Site.
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not tied to your contact details (such as your name or email address), it only includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Site and geographical location.
Separate tools are also available for managing local shared objects or ‘Flash cookies’ from the Adobe website. These cookies may be used to manage the effective delivery of services using video or other flash related content.
While you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to undertake certain services on our website or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of location).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.